top of page
  • webmaster9923

Preparing to come back from the UK (Autorización de Regreso) - Guide

Updated: Jun 21, 2021

Autorización de regreso

Although being a resident grants you the right to come back to Spain, many people are going through the renewal process and might wish to be aware of need an extra document that might help to ensure a smooth trip between the UK and Spain.

This document is called autorización de regreso, and it is a document that authorises the departure and subsequent return to Spain in the case your residency authorisation is on renewal process or if you are already obtained a "resolución favorable", but do not have yet a residency card (TIE).


In order to request an autorización de regreso, you will need to comply with one of the following requirements:

  • The trip is due to an extraordinary situation, because you have a favourable resolution for your initial residency application and you are in the process of completing the application to obtain the actual residency card.

  • You have a residency card and have started the process of renewal or extension or;

  • You have a TIE and have submitted a request for a duplicate card due to theft, loss, destruction or others.

Getting an appointment

You will need to book an appointment with the police through the Sede Electrónica. Choose your province and then select the option "Autorización de regreso" from the second dropdown menu (Trámites cuerpo nacional de Policía). Follow the instructions on the screen and you will be able to select a police office and date for your appointment.

Documents you need

Before your appointment at the police office, you will need to have the following documents in place to take with you:

  • Completed EX-13 form

  • A complete copy of your passport (all pages)

  • Copy of the renewal or extension application, or the "resolución favorable" and proof of application

  • (Only if you are on your first residency authorisation) Documentation proving that the trip is necessary and that there are exceptional circumstances.

  • Tasa 790 012 and the proof of payment (bank receipt) - Select the option "Autorización de regreso"

  • *Recommended: Copy of the flight tickets stating the dates of departure and return.

Your autorización de regreso will be valid for up to 90 days. You will be able to use this document for more than one trip during this period.

717 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page